DeskPerk Support Zendesk Getting Started
Before you can add your help desk to your DeskPerk Account
, you will need to generate an API Token within your Zendesk account. This allows us to provide all our services, without having to store any your help desk login information.
- Click on the Admin icon ( the gear ).
- Scroll down to the Channels section and click on the API link.
- Make sure the Allow Token Access is enabled.
- Click on the plus sign ( + ) to add a new token.
- Enter a name in the Description field, we suggest you name it "DeskPerk".
- Copy the generated token.
- Click the Save button.
We don't store ANY help desk customer data, period!
DeskPerk is just an interface between you and your support desk company. None of the information from your help desk or any additional information provide by your customers is stored by our service. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that information that is collected ( support ticket IDs, help desk user IDs and date information ), for the purpose of providing our service, is only accessible by two individuals within our company.
All services by DeskPerk retrieve ticket data using Zendesk's API, we then process your ticket and all requested information is discarded. We never store any ticket data ( other than the information above ) to any server. You have full control over our API access from within your help desk admin account. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us!